Search this blog

Monday 6 November 2017

R packages and Shiny

Despite this blog's title containing RapidMiner, most of what I have been doing recently involves R. I maintain a GitHub repository and at the last count there are more than 50 R packages stored there. Most are private but a few are public.

I can't reveal the private ones but there are a couple of play repositories that I have published as Shiny applications.

The first one is the POTUS Progress Pie - originally posted as an idea on the HalfBakery - a site I visit a lot - see the original idea here and the R Shiny application here.

The second one shows a genetic algorithm finding the maximum to a complex function and again uses Shiny. Here's the application. Move the "audio 1" through "audio 4" sliders to try and maximise the score. Brute force is usually not an option so selecting the Find the Best option will show you the slider settings. Selecting the "Random Choice" button chooses a new function to maximise.

Coming up and in the spirit of mentioning RapidMiner, I will post the evolutionary process I used to help me win RapidMiner's recent contest...


No comments:

Post a Comment